Avondale Efficiency Rebates
The City of Avondale offers multiple rebates to reduce energy bills. Their program was designed to piggy-back off of APS and SRP's Home Performance with Energy Star program where a homeowner can achieve almost double the rebates from the utility company alone. The rebates are only available for Avondale residents and the program terminates once funds run out. There has never been a better time to improve the living quality of your home, reduce energy bills and eliminate hot spots than there is now. Start with a home energy audit today!
1. Have a home energy audit performed to identify the largest sources of energy waste.
2. After your home energy audit is performed, you will receive a report detailing cost savings for each recommended upgrade (5 days).
3. Together with your energy expert you decide which upgrades make sense and have the upgrades installed (1-2 weeks).
4. After the upgrades are done on your home, your energy auditor will return to post-test your home and give you measureable results from the work done.
5. Upon completion of the post-audit, your auditor will file the paperwork with APS, SRP and the City of Avondale.
6. 6 - 8 weeks after submission you will receive two checks in the mail - one from APS or SRP and one from the City of Avondale.
7. Enjoy your energy efficient home!
Rebates are available upon 6-8 weeks of completion of install and include the following.
- 10 free CFLs
- 2 free low flow faucet aerators
- 1 free low flow showerhead
- 1 free low flow kitchen sink aerator
- Home energy audit - $50 rebate from Avondale
- Duct sealing -90% off net cost up to $100 rebate per HVAC system from Avondale; 75% off net costs up to $250 rebate per HVAC system from APS or 75% off net costs up to $175 rebate per HVAC system from SRP
- Air sealing - 90% off net cost up to $200 rebate from Avondale; $250 rebate from APS or SRP
- R-38 insulation upgrade or realignment - 90% off net cost up to $150 rebate from Avondale; 75% off net costs up to $250 rebate from APS or SRP
- Shade screens - 90% off net cost up to $150 from Avondale; $1 per sq ft rebate up to $250 from APS or $0.50 per sq ft rebate up to $250 from SRP
- High efficiency AC units and furnaces - $350 rebate from Avondale if the AC unit meets the Federal Standard for awarding tax credits; $175 to $525 rebate from APS or $200 to $400 from SRP depending on efficiencies
Avondale rebates are limited and are only available as long as funds last.
Valleywide Energy Audits including Phoenix | Scottsdale | Glendale | Avondale | Goodyear | Tolleson | Buckeye | Ahwatukee | Chandler | Mesa | Gilbert | Tempe | Queen Creek | Chandler Heights | Sun Lakes | Litchfield Park | Peoria | Cave Creek | Surprise | Sun City | Paradise Valley | Fountain Hills | Anthem | Gold Canyon | Maricopa | Black Mountain | Wickenburg | Prescott | Prescott Valley | Sedona | Flagstaff | Tucson